A couple of months ago I decided that it was high time that I started cooking. It was lunch time on a Sunday, so I was home. I figured that I should start with something simple, so I decided to cook an easy meal that my family and I eat all the time: dumplings and soup (the wrapper calls them potstickers, though). Here’s how you do it.
To cook dumplings:
- Boil a pot of water.
- When the water is boiling gently drop desired amount of dumplings into your pot.
- Stir gently.
- Let dumplings cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon out dumplings with a seive onto a plate.
To cook soup:
- Put a small handful of chopped cilantro and green onions into a bowl.
- Put 1 drop of sesame oil into the bowl.
- Put a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of white pepper into the bowl.
- Now, put the water you just cooked with into the bowl. If you want more flavor, put less water and vice versa.
Dipping the dumplings in soy sauce is optional!
Enjoy your meal!
You can also see this as a recipe.