We may be moving into the holidays, but people are still having babies, and babies mean showers! We’ve covered wedding showers at The Food Channel before, but thought we’d share our Baby Shower tips, too.
Here’s the spread we did for a recent event—all the time being teased about whether we were setting up for the cover of Good Housekeeping! You can find a few of the recipes here, and some tips below that.
That should get your party started. The main tip, though, is to celebrate with the family as they anticipate the new addition . . . and remind them to get some sleep while they can!
Baby Shower Checklist
- Set the date (compare family calendars, any local events that might otherwise book facilities or cause traffic problems, check with family who may need to travel, confirm with hostesses and with mom-to-be)
- Determine budget and set location
- Parents set up gift registry(s) as desired and include information on invite
- Get parents input into guest list
- Create and mail invitations (design, print, choose stamps, address/calligraphy); (determine need for RSVP); do e-mail reminders as needed
- Do Facebook invitation
- Interview and decide on a local printer for other printed materials (shower menu, place cards, thank you notes)
- Determine someone to record gifts and set up directional signage
- Determine games, if any
- Order napkins and other table decorations as needed
- Gifts for hostess(es)
- Select florist and determine flowers needed
- Choose a photographer/videographer
- Adjust numbers for final count on food
- Choose hairdresser, nail stylist, other personal appointments; choose apparel
- Choose music if desired
- Research and select caterer (determine menu, coordinate with bakery or other food suppliers, ensure drinks/coffee service, and ensure special dietary requirements such as gluten-free, vegan, and non-alcoholic options)