- Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and spices. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the 1 cup milk, beating well.
- Coat dry blueberries in about 1/4 cup flour. Add to batter and stir carefully.
- Pour into greased and floured pan - use an Angel Food cake pan or a Bundt pan. NOTE: The batter will only fill the standard pans about half way, which is fine - do not double this recipe.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool 5 minutes, then carefully invert.
- Combine the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until dissolved. Carefully poke holes in cake and brush glaze over all surfaces of the cake as it cools.
- For final glaze, whisk the confectioners’ sugar and 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice together. Pour over the top just before serving cake and allow it to drizzle down the side.
Calories 352, Carbohydrates 71g, Cholesterol 31mg, Fat 7g, Fat Calories 58, Fiber 1g, Protein 4g, Saturated Fat 4g, Sodium 277mg. Daily Values: Calcium 124.54mg 12%, Phos 92.83mg 9%, Copper 0.07mg 4%, Zinc 0.37mg 2%, Panto 0.31mg 3%, Biotin 1.53mcg 510%, Iodine 6.88mcg 5%, Magnesium 11.44mg 3%, Iron 1.57mg 9%, Vitamin B6 3%, Vitamin C 14%, Vitamin B12 2%, Vitamin D 4%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 5%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.