- Quarter the fruit (do not peel) and core. Dice into large chunks. Place the fruit and apple cider in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is very soft when pierced with a knife.
- Remove the pan from heat; add brown sugar, spices and lemon juice and stir to blend.
- Puree mixture until very smooth in food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan; simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for 15 to 30 minutes, or until thickened to desired consistency.
- Cool. Pour into jars, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 30 days.
Calories 311, Carbohydrates 81g, Fat 0.43g, Fat Calories 4, Fiber 7g, Protein 0.9g, Saturated Fat 0.08g, Sodium 22mg. Daily Values: Calcium 57.92mg 6%, Phos 27.95mg 3%, Copper 0.17mg 9%, Zinc 0.22mg 1%, Panto 0.17mg 2%, Biotin 1.25mcg 417%, Magnesium 19.81mg 5%, Iron 0.75mg 4%, Vitamin B6 5%, Vitamin C 17%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 2%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.