- Bring water and milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add oats and salt, stirring frequently until mixture comes back to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring apple juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Add apricots and cranberries; cook a few minutes or until plump.
- Portion piping-hot oatmeal into 4 bowls and sprinkle evenly with plumped fruit and toasted walnuts.
- Serve with honey, cinnamon, and cream to add as needed.
Calories 334, Carbohydrates 56g, Cholesterol 10mg, Fat 10g, Fat Calories 89, Fiber 5g, Protein 12g, Saturated Fat 3g, Sodium 124mg. Daily Values: Calcium 186.95mg 19%, Phos 161.5mg 16%, Copper 0.23mg 12%, Zinc 0.98mg 7%, Panto 0.65mg 7%, Biotin 3.83mcg 1277%, Iodine 29.94mcg 20%, Magnesium 35.91mg 9%, Iron 3.06mg 17%, Vitamin B6 9%, Vitamin C 4%, Vitamin B12 11%, Vitamin D 15%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 42%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.