- Place the chicken in a large pan with the aromatic ingredients. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a slow simmer and cook for about 2 hours, or until the chicken falls from the bone.
- When ready, strain the stock and pick the meat from the chicken.
- Break the noodles into the bottom of bowls and divide the soup ingredients among them.
- Add a small handful of chicken to each bowl, pour the hot stock over it, and stand for 3 minutes until the noodles soften.
- Garnish with lime juice, soy sauce, and a few red chilies to taste.