- Thaw and roll pastry sheet just enough to roll in the seams and make it a little bigger.
- Put each Brie half on a pastry sheet and top the Brie with 2-3 heaping tablespoons of jelly, jam or preserves.
- On top of the jelly, add a handful of nuts and a handful of dried cherries or cranberries (you want them in the jelly so that they stay put).
- Using a sharp knife, cut the corners off the pastry to make it more of a circle, saving the cut-off corners.
- Gather the pastry up around the cheese like a ‘pouch’ and pinch the edges to seal and press down on top of the bundle. Since this will NOT look pretty at this point, cut those pastry corners into 1/4" strips and twist them and lay them over the top seam as a decoration.
- Brush the whole bundle with the egg wash and bake at 350 degrees until brown.
- Serve with crackers and/or sliced pears.
- NOTE: to use one that you have frozen, let set out 20 minutes before baking. It needs to be chilled when it goes in the oven or everything will spill out of the pastry making a big mess!