- In a large nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add half of the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander placed over a bowl to drain off the fat. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the remaining beef. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the jalapeño, chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander, stir until well combined and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the reserved beef, the beer, stock and tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 50 minutes.
- Add the kidney and pinto beans and masa harina. Simmer until the chili is slightly thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve in large bowls.