- Make pico de gallo salsa: combine all ingredients in a bowl and let stand at room temperature while preparing fish.
- Prepare fish: whisk together 1 1/2 cups of flour with beer, salt and hot sauce in a large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Put remaining 1 cup flour in another bowl.
- Heat enough oil to measure 2 inches in a 4-inch deep wide pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fat fryer reaches 375°F.
- Dredge 5 or 6 pieces of fish at a time in flour, knocking off excess, then transfer fish pieces to beer batter to coat. Lift each piece of fish from batter with tongs, letting excess batter drip off, and transfer to oil. Repeat with remaining pieces of fish and fry batch, turning fish once, until golden, about 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat procedure with remaining fish pieces, keeping fried pieces warm in a 200°F oven.
Calories 363, Carbohydrates 36g, Cholesterol 28mg, Fat 19g, Fat Calories 168, Fiber 3g, Protein 12g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sodium 485mg. Daily Values: Calcium 41.11mg 4%, Phos 176.57mg 18%, Copper 0.06mg 3%, Zinc 0.4mg 3%, Panto 0.26mg 3%, Biotin 1.72mcg 573%, Iodine 0.1mcg 0%, Magnesium 19.32mg 5%, Iron 1.5mg 8%, Vitamin B6 6%, Vitamin C 13%, Vitamin B12 11%, Vitamin D 16%, Vit E-a-Toco 7%, Vitamin A 7%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.