- On a covered frying pan, place the sliced onions on low and allow to caramelize.
- Add garlic and remaining blue cheese until melted.
- Mix burger with salt, pepper, bacon and two tablespoons of blue cheese.
- Make desired size patties (make them a little larger because it’s an open face – no top bun).
- To keep burgers from falling apart while cooking, place thumb print in middle of burger to keep from shrinking as it cooks.
- Place burgers on grill and cook until medium. Remove, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on open face bun, topped with caramelized onions and bleu cheese crumble.