- Melt butter in large soup pot.
- Sauté onions, celery, and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened; season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add clam juice and water and bring to simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, nutmeg, Worcestershire, hot sauce; simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream, clams and thyme and bring to a slow simmer; heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until soup is desired consistency.
- Add chives and serve immediately.
Calories 639, Carbohydrates 43g, Cholesterol 216mg, Fat 44g, Fat Calories 397, Fiber 4g, Protein 21g, Saturated Fat 27g, Sodium 1068mg. Daily Values: Calcium 214.84mg 21%, Phos 172.95mg 17%, Copper 0.27mg 14%, Zinc 0.89mg 6%, Panto 0.75mg 8%, Biotin 3.09mcg 1030%, Iodine 13.07mcg 9%, Magnesium 48.45mg 12%, Iron 25.72mg 143%, Vitamin B6 19%, Vitamin C 32%, Vitamin B12 3%, Vitamin D 8%, Vit E-a-Toco 4%, Vitamin A 40%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.