- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in shallow bowl; mix well. Dredge the short ribs in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large braising pan or ovenproof casserole over medium-high heat. Working in several small batches, sear the ribs until well browned on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add the onions, celery, and carrots; cook until well browned and caramelized.
- Add the red wine, garlic, rosemary, and thyme and simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Return beef short ribs back to the pan; add beef broth to almost cover the ribs.
- Braise covered in oven for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
- Carefully remove the beef ribs from the pan and arrange on a serving platter; pour braising liquid through a fine sieve strainer; arrange the vegetables on platter.
- Bring braising liquid to a boil, reduce heat and simmer to desired consistency. To serve, pour sauce over short ribs and vegetables.
Calories 996, Carbohydrates 38g, Cholesterol 201mg, Fat 50g, Fat Calories 448, Fiber 5g, Protein 74g, Saturated Fat 17g, Sodium 1238mg. Daily Values: Calcium 123.48mg 12%, Phos 828.89mg 83%, Copper 0.5mg 25%, Zinc 17.25mg 115%, Panto 1.56mg 16%, Biotin 6.19mcg 2063%, Iodine 1.6mcg 1%, Magnesium 116.79mg 29%, Iron 10.13mg 56%, Vitamin B6 88%, Vitamin C 26%, Vitamin B12 196%, Vit E-a-Toco 8%, Vitamin A 217%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.