- Place everything except for the sausage in a stockpot and cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Place in a 2 quart baking dish. Layer the cooked sausage over the top.
- Now make the white sauce.
- WHITE SAUCE: Make a white sauce with the butter, milk and flour.
- After it thickens mix it into the cabbage mixture along with the cheese.
- Spray the baking dish with vegetable spray and pour the casserole in. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: If served as a 'side' you can serve more persons.