- To prepare candied bacon: coat bacon strips generously on both sides with brown sugar. Carefully arrange on sheet pan lined with aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Place in a cold oven, turn heat on to 350°F and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until crisp, taking care not to burn during last 10 minutes of cooking. Drain thoroughly. Cool candied bacon strips.
- Line a 4 1/2-inch x 9-inch loaf pan with foil or baking paper, extending foil over edges of pan.
- To prepare fudge: Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234°F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, marshmallow crème and vanilla; stir until completely blended and chocolate is melted.
- Arrange 2 strips candied bacon in bottom of lined baking pan; top with 1/4 of the fudge. Repeat with 3 more layers of bacon and fudge. Top fudge with 2 remaining strips of candied bacon. Cover and refrigerate for until firm.
- To serve: carefully lift fudge out of baking pan; slice into 1/2 -inch slabs.
Calories 474, Carbohydrates 70g, Cholesterol 36mg, Fat 22g, Fat Calories 198, Fiber 1g, Protein 3g, Saturated Fat 12g, Sodium 145mg. Daily Values: Calcium 43.94mg 4%, Phos 79.0mg 8%, Copper 0.17mg 9%, Zinc 0.61mg 4%, Panto 0.18mg 2%, Biotin 0.28mcg 93%, Magnesium 29.61mg 7%, Iron 0.82mg 5%, Vitamin B6 3%, Vitamin C 0%, Vitamin B12 2%, Vitamin D 4%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 6%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.