- Sterilize the jars and seals in boiling water.
- Bring the hot brine ingredients to a boil.
- Fill the jars with dill weed and garlic along with 4-5 whole cucumbers first and then smaller ones on top and in any open spaces, one sprig of dill and garlic cloves.
- Add brine to jars leaving 1/2-inch headroom.
- Wipe rim of jar until clean, place sterilized seal on jar, then tighten ring.
- Place into boiling water bath for 15 minutes. The water should cover the top of the jars.
- Remove from water bath and let stand for 24-48 hours before removing rings or storing. The seals will be concave when sealed.
- Store for 4-6 weeks.
Calories 13, Carbohydrates 3g, Fat Calories 0.04, Fiber 1g, Protein 1g, Sodium 1181mg. Daily Values: Calcium 27.43mg 3%, Phos 0.89mg 0%, Zinc 0.01mg 0%, Magnesium 0.52mg 0%, Iron 0.48mg 3%, Vitamin B6 1%, Vitamin C 13%, Vitamin A 5%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.