- Pulse together the basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan. You do not want the blender to get hot and semi cook the pesto so do not leave the blender running; pulse instead.
- Add the olive oil and continue to pulse blend until smooth.
- Brush the cut sides of the hoagie rolls with olive oil.
- In a hot grill pan toast the cut sides until just lightly browned.
- Spread the pesto on the cut sides of the toasted hoagie rolls.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Close the sandwiches and grill on both sides or in a Panini pan until the cheese melts.