- Preheat an oven to 325°F. Lightly butter 4 mini-springform pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sour cream and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs, heavy cream and 1/2 cup of the sugar and beat until blended.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, butter and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and stir until blended. Divide the mixture among the prepared pans and using your fingers, pat the mixture evenly onto the bottom of each pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons caramel sauce over each crust and divide the filling among the pans.
- Bake until the filling is set, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the cheesecakes to a rack and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- To serve, unmold the cheesecakes and sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar over each cheesecake. Using a kitchen torch, move the flame continuously in small circles over the surface until the sugar melts and browns. Makes 4 mini-cheesecakes.