- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup water and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves, brushing down any undissolved sugar crystals from sides of pan with wet pastry brush. Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, continuing to brush down sides of pan occasionally with wet pastry brush and swirling pan for even coloring, about 10 to 11 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup water (mixture will bubble up vigorously). Using clean wooden spoon, stir caramel until smooth. If necessary, set pan over very low heat and stir until any hard caramel bits dissolve. Pour caramel into small bowl. Cool caramel, cover and let stand at room temperature up to 3 days (caramel will thicken slightly).
- Place milk in small ramekin; sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until gelatin softens, at least 15 minutes.
- Stir whipping cream, 2/3 cup caramel and salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until caramel dissolves and mixture comes to simmer. Add gelatin mixture; turn off heat. Stir until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla. Pour into large bowl and refrigerate until cool, stirring every 5 minutes, about 40 minutes.
- Divide among 6 wine goblets. Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.