- Place butter and oil in a medium-size skillet and heat until melted.
- Add the onions, hot sauce, salt and pepper; sauté for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, until the onions are browned and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise and continue mixing.
- Fold in the caramelized onions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, vegetables or roasted fingerling potatoes or refrigerate overnight for a bolder flavor.
Calories 274, Carbohydrates 7g, Cholesterol 53mg, Fat 27g, Fat Calories 242, Fiber 0.7g, Protein 2g, Saturated Fat 11g, Sodium 442mg. Daily Values: Calcium 59.46mg 6%, Phos 64.85mg 6%, Copper 0.03mg 2%, Zinc 0.28mg 2%, Panto 0.28mg 3%, Biotin 2.37mcg 790%, Iodine 0.75mcg 1%, Magnesium 8.6mg 2%, Iron 0.24mg 1%, Vitamin B6 4%, Vitamin C 5%, Vitamin B12 3%, Vitamin D 3%, Vit E-a-Toco 4%, Vitamin A 13%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.