- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll piecrust; press into a dark coated 8-inch tart pan. Parbake shell for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Lower oven to 350°F.
- Cut raw bacon slices into cubes. In a medium frying pan over medium heat cook bacon just until it starts to crisp. Place bacon pieces on paper towel to drain.
- In pan with bacon fat, caramelize the sliced onions until they become a deep rich caramel brown.
- Mix ricotta cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Spread onto bottom of tart shell.
- Arrange caramelized onions over top to cover ricotta mixture. Sprinkle rest of cheese over onions and arrange bacon pieces on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Calories 291, Carbohydrates 18g, Cholesterol 58mg, Fat 21g, Fat Calories 186, Fiber 0.97g, Protein 9g, Saturated Fat 9g, Sodium 625mg. Daily Values: Calcium 136.67mg 14%, Phos 141.86mg 14%, Copper 0.06mg 3%, Zinc 0.9mg 6%, Panto 0.3mg 3%, Biotin 4.42mcg 1473%, Iodine 4.37mcg 3%, Magnesium 13.2mg 3%, Iron 0.43mg 2%, Vitamin B6 7%, Vitamin C 7%, Vitamin B12 6%, Vitamin D 5%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 4%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.