- Mix cornmeal, sugar, cajun seasoning, baking powder, and flour in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs and whisk lightly, then add buttermilk, onion, bell pepper, Canadian bacon, garlic and chopped jalapenos and mix well.
- Work into the dry mixture until well incorporated, then fold in the cheese.
- With a melon scoop, drop scoopfuls of the mixture into hot oil, or in a cast iron skillet.
- Deep fry until golden brown at a steady 350F. This should only take about 2 minutes or so.
- Drain, and serve.