- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 9 or 10-inch baking dish with the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest and apples. Toss well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and butter. Using your fingers, combine ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Pour fruit mixture into pie crust.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of fruit mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking until bubbly, the apples are tender, and the crust is nicely browned. Bake about 35 to 40 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.