- Warm one tablespoon cream in the microwave and dissolve the saffron in it. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine chicken and saffron mixture. Stir to coat and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Prepare marinade by pureeing the garlic and ginger with the yogurt in a blender. Remove to a small mixing bowl and add the paprika, garam masala and cayenne.
- Sprinkle the salt on the chicken. Add the marinade and turn chicken pieces to coat well. Set aside for at least half an hour to marinate at room temperature, or marinate for up to 6 hours in the refrigerator. Bring chicken pieces to room temperature before proceeding.
- When ready to cook, add the oil to the chicken pieces, stirring to coat well. Thread the pieces onto skewers and broil for 5-6 minutes a side, until done. Garnish with the onion-mint relish.
- *NOTE: Garam Masala can be store purchased but is best freshly ground. (see recipe)