- POTSTICKER FILLING: Put ground pork in mixer bowl, use flat beater at slow speed for 30 seconds, without stopping the mixer add 1/3 of the chicken broth; after liquid is absorbed, repeat until all broth is used.
- Add egg and white part of green onion, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, white pepper, ginger to the pork. Mix at low speed until combined.
- Add cabbage, carrot and green part of onion to the mixture, combine well. Then, add sesame oil and combine well.
- MAKING POTSTICKERS: Use cold water to wet edge of wrapper, fill middle of wrapper with 1 tablespoon of filling. Fold in half and pinch in the middle to secure. Starting with the right side, fold over to make pleats. Make sure to seal all the edges, use more water if needed. Repeat on the left side.
- COOKING METHOD OPTIONS:
- PAN FRIED: One nonstick pan with lid, 1 – 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of flour to make a flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the pan on medium heat, add oil, put in potstickers (do not overcrowd pan), add the flour mixture to the pan, cover with lid.
- When the flour mixture is evaporated, turn the potstickers over to fry the other side until brown. Now they are ready to eat with the serving sauce.
- STEAMED: Line steamer with damp cloth or paper towel. Put in potstickers, leave space (1 inch) between potstickers. Steam for 8 minutes at high-to-medium heat. Remove from heat.
- WATER BOIL: Sauce pan. Put in 1/3 of water, heat to boiling. Put in potstickers, use spoon or chop sticks to gently stir water to make sure potstickers will not stick to the pan. Stir water occasionally. When boiling, add 1/3 cup of cold water. Repeat the process until the potstickers flow on the top and see skin and filling apart. Remove from the pan.
Calories 211, Carbohydrates 19g, Cholesterol 45mg, Fat 10g, Fat Calories 90, Fiber 2g, Protein 10g, Saturated Fat 3g, Sodium 356mg. Daily Values: Calcium 39.94mg 4%, Phos 110.05mg 11%, Copper 0.08mg 4%, Zinc 1.18mg 8%, Panto 0.4mg 4%, Biotin 1.9mcg 633%, Iodine 2.36mcg 2%, Magnesium 19.16mg 5%, Iron 1.63mg 9%, Vitamin B6 11%, Vitamin C 21%, Vitamin B12 5%, Vitamin D 1%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 17%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.