- Roll out pre-made dough to fit a 9-inch deep pie plate. Transfer pastry to the pie plate and trim and flute edges.
- Partially bake the pie shell for 10 minutes at 325F, remove and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, bourbon, butter, and salt together. Mix well.
- Fold in 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, allow to rest for at least 2 hours before cutting.