- Combine butter, cream, corn syrup, sugar and flour in a medium-sized saucepan and heat to boiling over medium heat. Stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in almonds, ginger and orange peel.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop batter in very small quantities with wide spaces between, since cookie will become very thin and spread out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, then cool for less than 1 minute before shaping. If you do not intend to shape cookies, you can let them cool longer. If shaping, wrap the edge around the handle of a wooden spoon and roll tightly. If cookies cool too much before shaping, simply warm them up in the oven for a few seconds.
- Cool until hardened. Melt chocolate in microwave (about 1 minute per 8 ounces), in a shallow container that will allow you to dip an edge of the cookie in. Dip each cookie and lay on waxed or parchment paper until cool.
Calories 282, Carbohydrates 27g, Cholesterol 22mg, Fat 19g, Fat Calories 173, Fiber 1g, Protein 3g, Saturated Fat 10g, Sodium 27mg. Daily Values: Calcium 37.45mg 4%, Phos 64.54mg 6%, Copper 0.13mg 7%, Zinc 0.4mg 3%, Panto 0.07mg 1%, Biotin 7.82mcg 2607%, Iodine 0.75mcg 1%, Magnesium 33.4mg 8%, Iron 0.52mg 3%, Vitamin B6 1%, Vitamin C 2%, Vitamin B12 0%, Vitamin D 1%, Vit E-a-Toco 10%, Vitamin A 6%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.