- COFFEE BBQ SAUCE: Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add paprika and chili powder; sauté until blended
- Deglaze pan with Old Grand-Dad Bourbon; stirring frequently, simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add brown sugar and stir until sugar is melted. Add molasses, chipotle pepper and coffee; simmer over medium-low heat until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add ketchup and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until flavors meld and sauce has reduced; blend with a stick immersion blender until smooth.
- Add lime juice; season to taste with salt. Reserve.
- BAKED BEANS: Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced chorizo, onion and carrots; sauté until lightly browned.
- Add cannellini beans and continue sautéing for 1 minute.
- Add reserved BBQ sauce, chicken stock, brown sugar and bourbon; slowly simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.