- Pre heat oil in a skillet or electric counter-top fryer to 365°F.
- Open biscuit package, round the edges of biscuits and poke a hole in each one. Lay biscuits on a tray or plate.
- Place biscuits one by one in hot oil. With a skewer or tongs, check the color of the underside of each biscuit and turn when they reach the desired light golden brown color (approx. 35 to 45 seconds). Check the bottom again and remove donuts when they have evenly browned on both sides.
- Drain donuts on a baking rack for 5 to 6 minutes and dip in glaze or desired topping. If sprinkles are to be applied do so before icing or glaze dries.
- Vanilla Donut Glaze - in a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk with a wire whip until well blended.
- Chocolate Donut Frosting - in a glass mixing bowl, heat chocolate chips in microwave until melted. Add frosting and whisk with a wire whip until smooth. Reheat for a few seconds until frosting is slightly runny. Thicker frosting will translate to thicker coverage on donuts. To thin frosting, reheat periodically.
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Coating - combine all ingredients.
Calories 255, Carbohydrates 18g, Fat 19g, Fat Calories 173, Fiber 0.51g, Protein 3g, Saturated Fat 3g, Sodium 440mg. Daily Values: Calcium 14.46mg 1%, Iron 1.06mg 6%, Vit E-a-Toco 4%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.