- PREPARATION OF ARTICHOKES:
- In a large pot, combine the water with 4 lemon halves and lemon juice.
- Trim the leaves of each artichoke, first take off the dark green outer leaves and then snip with scissors the top 1/4 of the leaves. Drop the artichokes immediately into the lemon infused stock.
- Add oil, wine, onion, coriander seeds, peppercorns, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer over high heat, reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the artichokes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Let the artichokes cool in the cooking liquid for 30 minutes.
- PREPARATION FOR CRAB STUFFING:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then sauté onion and shallots until tender. Add dampened bread crumbs and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper, cayenne, crab meat and parsley, mix thoroughly.
- Remove skillet from heat. Remove bay leaves.
- Place steamed artichokes on a cutting board and slice in half with a serrated knife. Scoop out the choke with a spoon and discard. Fill each with approximately 1/2 cup crab stuffing depending on the size of the artichoke. Arrange artichokes in a baking dish and bake 30 minutes at 350°F or until golden brown.
- To serve; top each artichoke with 2 tablespoons hollandaise sauce and garnish with tomato and parsley.
Calories 634, Carbohydrates 44g, Cholesterol 208mg, Fat 43g, Fat Calories 383, Fiber 5g, Protein 18g, Saturated Fat 25g, Sodium 676mg. Daily Values: Calcium 115.42mg 12%, Phos 244.63mg 24%, Copper 0.66mg 33%, Zinc 2.79mg 19%, Panto 1.1mg 11%, Biotin 3.83mcg 1277%, Iodine 8.4mcg 6%, Magnesium 69.28mg 17%, Iron 1.72mg 10%, Vitamin B6 15%, Vitamin C 30%, Vitamin B12 34%, Vitamin D 10%, Vit E-a-Toco 10%, Vitamin A 33%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.