- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To prepare Creole butter: combine softened butter with garlic, fresh herbs, lemon pepper, hot pepper sauce, dried herbs, salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; mix with a fork until completely blended. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Starting on the neck end of turkey, gently slide your fingers between the skin and the breast, thighs and drumstick to loosen the skin from the meat; spread the seasoned butter evenly under the skin.
- Fold neck skin under body, tuck wing tips under breast and tie drumsticks together with kitchen string Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a heavy roasting pan.
- Brush turkey with melted butter. Cover turkey loosely with foil and roast for about 3 to 3 3/4 hours or until thermometer registers 170°F and juices run clear, basting frequently.
- Transfer turkey to a platter, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 20 minutes (temperature of turkey will rise to 180°F) before carving.
Calories 1344, Carbohydrates 0.23g, Cholesterol 539mg, Fat 83g, Fat Calories 746, Fiber 0.06g, Protein 139g, Saturated Fat 34g, Sodium 524mg. Daily Values: Calcium 113.36mg 11%, Phos 1220.6mg 122%, Copper 0.71mg 36%, Zinc 15.01mg 100%, Panto 5.53mg 55%, Magnesium 151.16mg 38%, Iron 9.82mg 55%, Vitamin B6 140%, Vitamin C 1%, Vitamin B12 46%, Vitamin D 14%, Vit E-a-Toco 11%, Vitamin A 19%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.