- Bring a saucepan three-fourths full of water to a boil. Add the edamame and cook according to the package instructions. Drain well. Set aside.
- Cut a thick slice off the top and bottom of each orange to reveal the flesh. Stand the orange upright on a cutting board. Following the contour of the fruit and rotating it with each cut, slice downward to remove the peel, pith and membrane. Holding the fruit over a bowl, cut along each side of the membrane between the sections, letting each freed section drop into the bowl. Cut each orange section crosswise into 3 or 4 pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine the oranges, edamame, onion and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, orange zest and ginger until blended.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir gently to mix.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with the cilantro and serve.