- Combine in a mixing bowl: 9 eggs, beaten, 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded 1 stick (1/2 cup) or butter, melted, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (When baked its consistency should be like a set custard), 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder, 2 cups small curd regular cottage cheese, 10 ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chiles, 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend.
- Pour into buttered or oiled 10"x14" glass Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- On a separate cookie pan break apart 2 cups frozen potato puffs and brown them in the oven (350°F) in 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the broken up potato puffs over the partially baked egg casserole and continue baking until golden brown and puffy and knife test comes out clean. About another 20 minutes.
- Total cooking time all together is 35-40 minutes.
Calories 611, Carbohydrates 25g, Cholesterol 366mg, Fat 41g, Fat Calories 366, Fiber 2g, Protein 30g, Saturated Fat 21g, Sodium 932mg. Daily Values: Calcium 452.59mg 45%, Phos 525.43mg 53%, Copper 0.14mg 7%, Zinc 2.71mg 18%, Panto 1.91mg 19%, Biotin 19.23mcg 6410%, Iodine 81.27mcg 54%, Magnesium 37.46mg 9%, Iron 2.51mg 14%, Vitamin B6 13%, Vitamin C 6%, Vitamin B12 24%, Vitamin D 23%, Vit E-a-Toco 5%, Vitamin A 28%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.