- Preheat an oven to 450°F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet. Arrange the squash cubes on the sheet in a single layer and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown and tender, 15 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. In a large fry pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the sage leaves and sauté until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the pine nuts and cream, stir to combine and remove from the heat. Remove the sage leaves and discard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the 2 tablespoons salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce. Add the roasted squash and stir to combine. Add as much of the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce and serve.