- In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; beat until light and fluffy. Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour. On surface dusted with Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, roll out half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. With cookie cutter, cut out football shapes (or other shapes as desired). Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are no longer moist. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- To decorate, place white chocolate chips and shortening in heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; microwave on 50 percent power for 3 to 4 minutes, massaging bag every minute, or until chips are melted.
- Cut off tip of one corner of bag. Pipe melted white chocolate onto cookies to resemble seams on footballs.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies, depending on size of cutter.