- In a blender, combine eggs, 1 tablespoon vanilla & the 1/3 cup sugar, blend until combined (about 10 seconds). Add flour, baking powder & salt and blend until smooth (about 10 seconds) more.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in 9" or 10" ovenproof, nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add apples & sauté, stirring occasionally until softened (approx. 5 minutes). Sprinkle apples with cinnamon & remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar & sauté until apples are glazed (approx. 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle in the pecans. Spread out the apples evenly in the frying pan & slowly pour the batter over the top, so that the apples stay in place. Reduce heat to medium-low & cook until bottom is firm (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer pan to oven & cook until pancake top is firm (approx. 10 minutes).
- Remove pan from the oven and carefully invert the pancake by holding the pan & a flat plate together and turning upside down. Lift the pan off the cake! Cut the pancake into 3 or 4 wedges and transfer to individual warmed plates or keep on 1 large plate for serving family style. While hot, add a dollop of fresh vanilla whipped cream.
- To make vanilla whipped cream simply add whipping cream and 1 tablespoon real vanilla into a large chilled bowl and whisk until desired thickened consistency.
Calories 441, Carbohydrates 51g, Cholesterol 250mg, Fat 22g, Fat Calories 195, Fiber 5g, Protein 11g, Saturated Fat 6g, Sodium 275mg. Daily Values: Calcium 147.76mg 15%, Phos 221.76mg 22%, Copper 0.29mg 15%, Zinc 1.64mg 11%, Panto 1.26mg 13%, Biotin 14.48mcg 4827%, Iodine 34.25mcg 23%, Magnesium 35.36mg 9%, Iron 2.3mg 13%, Vitamin B6 11%, Vitamin C 11%, Vitamin B12 10%, Vitamin D 14%, Vit E-a-Toco 4%, Vitamin A 12%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.