- Fine grate carrots; place in a heavy saucepan with just enough water to cover; Simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain excess water.
- Return carrots to saucepan. Add sugar and minced ginger.
- Zest lemons and orange; add to carrot mixture.
- Juice lemons and orange; add to carrot mixture. Slowly stir until completely blended.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes or until thick and glossy.
- Spoon into sterilized jars and cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 30 days.
Calories 183, Carbohydrates 47g, Fat 0.16g, Fat Calories 1, Fiber 1g, Protein 0.57g, Saturated Fat 0.02g, Sodium 32mg. Daily Values: Calcium 19.44mg 2%, Phos 19.0mg 2%, Copper 0.03mg 2%, Zinc 0.13mg 1%, Panto 0.16mg 2%, Biotin 2.36mcg 787%, Iodine 0.25mcg 0%, Magnesium 7.76mg 2%, Iron 0.2mg 1%, Vitamin B6 4%, Vitamin C 23%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 152%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.