- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast bread cubes on baking sheets until slightly crusty, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a large heavy sauté pan, melt butter and sauté onions and celery on medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add herbs and sauté for an additional minute.
- Combine vegetable mixture with bread, seasonings and stock.
- Transfer to a deep buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered until stuffing is hot and crusty on the top.
Calories 383, Carbohydrates 46g, Cholesterol 41mg, Fat 20g, Fat Calories 178, Fiber 3g, Protein 6g, Saturated Fat 11g, Sodium 827mg. Daily Values: Calcium 77.99mg 8%, Phos 137.1mg 14%, Copper 0.06mg 3%, Zinc 0.27mg 2%, Panto 0.14mg 1%, Biotin 1.43mcg 477%, Iodine 2.46mcg 2%, Magnesium 11.96mg 3%, Iron 1.6mg 9%, Vitamin B6 3%, Vitamin C 6%, Vitamin B12 1%, Vitamin D 3%, Vit E-a-Toco 2%, Vitamin A 11%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.