- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add onions and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the sausage and cook over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fully cooked, stirring often to break up sausage.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Ladle 1/3 of meat sauce evenly over the bottom of the 9x12x2-inch rectangle baking dish. Top evenly with 3 noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of the sliced Mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the meat sauce. Repeat process for 2 remaining layers.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan over top; bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted. Cool slightly before cutting.
Calories 652, Carbohydrates 39g, Cholesterol 134mg, Fat 36g, Fat Calories 322, Fiber 6g, Protein 46g, Saturated Fat 18g, Sodium 1649mg. Daily Values: Calcium 355.75mg 36%, Phos 271.11mg 27%, Copper 0.52mg 26%, Zinc 2.6mg 17%, Panto 0.92mg 9%, Biotin 2.57mcg 857%, Iodine 3.61mcg 2%, Magnesium 68.67mg 17%, Iron 5.24mg 29%, Vitamin B6 28%, Vitamin C 46%, Vitamin B12 20%, Vitamin D 3%, Vit E-a-Toco 7%, Vitamin A 46%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.