- Put the parsley, chervil, tarragon, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Using an immersion blender, blend until a smooth paste forms. Set the fines herbes puree aside.
- In a sauté pan or a risotto pan over medium heat, sauté the pancetta until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a small bowl. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 17 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and pancetta and stir well. Cook, stirring, until the rice is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until it is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
- When the rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 20 to 25 minutes, remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the butter, cheese and fines herbes puree, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.