- For the Lemon Syrup, cut 2 lemons in half, 3 cups water, 1 cup sugar.
- In a medium sauce pan cover lemon with water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes then remove lemons from water and cool.
- Scrape out fruit, pulp and pith; toss away.
- Combine water, sugar and lemons in sauce pan and simmer until translucent, about 35-40 minutes
- Use the rind for martinis and vinaigrette dressing and the syrup for iced tea and martinis.
- Rub rim of martini glass with lemon rind and dip in sugar.
- Combine lemon syrup, vodka, espresso and ice in martini shaker. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into martini glasses and serve with lemon rind.