- Wash lemons in warm water and dry well with paper towels.
- Zest lemons using a micro-plane grater, avoiding the bitter white pith of the lemon rind.
- Combine grain spirits and zest in bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 weeks.
- Strain using fine mesh colander, pressing the zest to exact maximum flavor; discard solids.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add to infused alcohol.
- Transfer to sterilized bottles that seal airtight; refrigerate.
- Serve ice cold.
Calories 237, Carbohydrates 12g, Fat Calories 0.01, Fiber 0.03g, Sodium 1mg. Daily Values: Calcium 1.3mg 0%, Phos 0.03mg 0%, Magnesium 0.32mg 0%, Iron 0.01mg 0%, Vitamin C 1%, Vitamin A 0%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.