- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté the shrimp: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp turn pink on the outside, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, 1 cup of green onions, and the seafood seasoning. Cook just until the shrimp are fully cooked, 2-3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a shallow pan and refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Make the cornbread: In a mixing bowl, add the flour, corn flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, jalapeños, and 1/2 cup of green onions. Blend well and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk until frothy. Add the melted butter and buttermilk. Whisk until fully blended.
- Add the egg/buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until fully blended.
- Dice the cooked shrimp and fold into the cornbread batter.
- Pour the cornbread batter into a buttered 9x12x2-inch baking pan and bake until the top is browned and a knife inserted into the middle of the cornbread comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Calories 223, Carbohydrates 29g, Cholesterol 66mg, Fat 10g, Fat Calories 85, Fiber 2g, Protein 6g, Saturated Fat 5g, Sodium 509mg. Daily Values: Calcium 125.73mg 13%, Phos 143.66mg 14%, Copper 0.08mg 4%, Zinc 0.76mg 5%, Panto 0.38mg 4%, Biotin 3.6mcg 1200%, Iodine 14.88mcg 10%, Magnesium 28.85mg 7%, Iron 1.63mg 9%, Vitamin B6 6%, Vitamin C 7%, Vitamin B12 5%, Vitamin D 3%, Vit E-a-Toco 2%, Vitamin A 10%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.