- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10x15x1 1/2 inch cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Sift together sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt two sticks butter in a medium saucepan and stir in 4 tablespoons cocoa and boiling water. Stir until boiling. Pour over dry ingredients and mix.
- Then add eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup buttermilk. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center springs back when touched.
- While cake is in the oven, prepare icing. Mix together, 11/2 sticks melted butter, 9 tablespoons cocoa, 6 tablespoons buttermilk, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Gradually mix in powdered sugar, fold in pecans. Pour over cake as soon as it finishes baking. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 387, Carbohydrates 58g, Cholesterol 51mg, Fat 18g, Fat Calories 157, Fiber 2g, Protein 3g, Saturated Fat 9g, Sodium 120mg. Daily Values: Calcium 25.98mg 3%, Phos 65.4mg 7%, Copper 0.19mg 10%, Zinc 0.59mg 4%, Panto 0.2mg 2%, Biotin 1.12mcg 373%, Iodine 4.4mcg 3%, Magnesium 24.29mg 6%, Iron 1.11mg 6%, Vitamin B6 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Vitamin B12 1%, Vitamin D 3%, Vit E-a-Toco 2%, Vitamin A 9%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.