- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium-low heat; add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic and sauté until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine cornbread, bread cubes, onion mixture and bacon in a large bowl and toss to blend.
- Place the oysters and their liquor in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the oysters with a slotted spoon to a cutting board, reserving the oyster liquor, and coarse chop. Add the oysters to the mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed, adding reserved oyster liquor to moisten the dressing, as needed.
- Transfer to a large oiled cast iron skillet or baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
Calories 754, Carbohydrates 42g, Cholesterol 201mg, Fat 60g, Fat Calories 533, Fiber 5g, Protein 17g, Saturated Fat 26g, Sodium 687mg. Daily Values: Calcium 151.37mg 15%, Phos 304.24mg 30%, Copper 4.8mg 240%, Zinc 91.88mg 613%, Panto 0.81mg 8%, Biotin 4.64mcg 1547%, Iodine 9.42mcg 6%, Magnesium 103.0mg 26%, Iron 9.19mg 51%, Vitamin B6 16%, Vitamin C 42%, Vitamin B12 320%, Vitamin D 9%, Vit E-a-Toco 8%, Vitamin A 35%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.