- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak the cranberries in rum for about 1/2 hour.
- Place the sliced pears and soaked cranberries into pie crust, leaving about a 1 1/2-inch border.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, orange zest, and nutmeg in a bowl and stir to blend. Using two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly on the pears and cranberries.
- Gently fold the border over the pears and cranberries, pleating it to make a circle.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush the crust with the egg mixture and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden and pears are tender.
Calories 289, Carbohydrates 49g, Cholesterol 18mg, Fat 9g, Fat Calories 81, Fiber 4g, Protein 2g, Saturated Fat 4g, Sodium 204mg. Daily Values: Calcium 13.03mg 1%, Phos 21.82mg 2%, Copper 0.09mg 5%, Zinc 0.18mg 1%, Panto 0.14mg 1%, Biotin 0.83mcg 277%, Iodine 1.66mcg 1%, Magnesium 8.12mg 2%, Iron 0.48mg 3%, Vitamin B6 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Vitamin B12 1%, Vitamin D 1%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 2%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.