- DAY 1
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts to the texture of coarse cornmeal.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened 1/4 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour, pomegranate molasses and chopped walnuts.
- Cut bread dough in half. On a floured surface, roll one dough half into a 12-inch square.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of an 8- inch pie pan. Then grease the pan as well as the parchment.
- Place rolled dough in greased pie pan allowing the dough to drape over sides.
- Cut the remaining dough half into 16 equal pieces. In a medium bowl, combine dough pieces with the butter mixture, gently tossing until dough is evenly coated.
- Place dough pieces in pie pan and sprinkle blueberries over the top. Draw up corners of rolled dough, enclosing blueberry filling inside, resembling a picnic basket with a cloth tied over the top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- DAY 2
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine melted 2 tablespoons butter and pomegranate molasses, brush exterior of bread basket and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, tent with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges. Serve warm.
Calories 436, Carbohydrates 60g, Cholesterol 23mg, Fat 19g, Fat Calories 168, Fiber 3g, Protein 8g, Saturated Fat 6g, Sodium 354mg. Daily Values: Calcium 13.01mg 1%, Phos 45.41mg 5%, Copper 0.21mg 11%, Zinc 0.41mg 3%, Panto 0.09mg 1%, Biotin 2.38mcg 793%, Iodine 1.12mcg 1%, Magnesium 20.52mg 5%, Iron 2.48mg 14%, Vitamin B6 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Vit E-a-Toco 0%, Vitamin A 6%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.