- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking pan and toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drop batter on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Completely cool on wire racks.
- For the praline topping
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and cream, bring to a full boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add confectioners’ sugar, and whisk until smooth. Add pecan pieces, and stir until slightly thickened. (If mixture thickens, return to heat, and add cream 1 teaspoon at a time.) Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon praline topping on each cookie; set aside until firm.
Calories 155, Carbohydrates 26g, Cholesterol 18mg, Fat 6g, Fat Calories 51, Fiber 0.33g, Protein 1g, Saturated Fat 3g, Sodium 56mg. Daily Values: Calcium 31.91mg 3%, Phos 22.52mg 2%, Copper 0.04mg 2%, Zinc 0.16mg 1%, Panto 0.1mg 1%, Biotin 0.4mcg 133%, Iodine 1.41mcg 1%, Magnesium 5.63mg 1%, Iron 0.49mg 3%, Vitamin B6 1%, Vitamin C 0%, Vitamin B12 1%, Vitamin D 1%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 3%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.