- Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans.
- Place into a container and put enough water into the container to
- cover the garbanzo beans.
- Soak overnight.
- Drain the beans, saving 1 cup of the water.
- Using a food processor, add the garbanzo beans, 1/2 cup of water and blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape with a plastic spatula to get all of the beans pureed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend.
- If the mixture is too thick, continue to add some of the water little by little until you get the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.