- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, eggs and cream.
- Sift in dry ingredients to creamed mixture; mixing well.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out chilled dough.
- Cut out the stars using 3 different sizes of stars (we used 5″, 4″ and 3 1/2″). Using a plastic straw, poke a hole in the center of each cookie.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit for 24 hours.
- Decorate the cookies with icing. Let them sit for another 4 to 8 hours so the icing hardens and won’t smear when you start building the tree.
- To assemble the cookie tree:
- Using a wooden dowel, place one of the large cookies through the dowel and start stacking. Using the large cookies first, spiral them so the points do not align. Continue to stack largest to smallest.
Calories 600, Carbohydrates 80g, Cholesterol 119mg, Fat 29g, Fat Calories 256, Fiber 1g, Protein 7g, Saturated Fat 18g, Sodium 188mg. Daily Values: Calcium 88.66mg 9%, Phos 114.32mg 11%, Copper 0.09mg 5%, Zinc 0.56mg 4%, Panto 0.46mg 5%, Biotin 2.85mcg 950%, Iodine 8.9mcg 6%, Magnesium 14.63mg 4%, Iron 2.63mg 15%, Vitamin B6 3%, Vitamin C 0%, Vitamin B12 3%, Vitamin D 7%, Vit E-a-Toco 3%, Vitamin A 20%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.