- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract and salt. Add flour 1/4 cup at a time until well blended.
- At this time, if you want different colored cookies, divide the dough and add food coloring to each divided piece.
- Fill the cookie press with the dough. Press out the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. You can sprinkle the cookie dough with sugar or decorations now.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until the edges start browning. Remove to a cooling rack.